Guarantee Your Entry to the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon
by Joining The Korey Stringer Institute Team!
KSI team runners receive guaranteed entry to the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon while raising funds to support the Korey Stringer Institute.
The Korey Stringer Institute provides research, education, advocacy and consultation to maximize performance, optimize safety and prevent sudden death for the athlete, warfighter and laborer. You can help further that mission and impact the health and safety of active individuals everywhere by running with KSI!
The Advantage of Running with KSI
As a member of our team you will:
- Be offered an opportunity to come to our laboratory for testing that may be used to help enhance your marathon preparation and race day performance. If you come to our laboratory, we will perform:
- VO2max testing – the gold standard to measure aerobic fitness
- Hydration needs assessment – this can provide a precise prescription of your fluid needs for training and on race day
- Consultation on how to best integrate your testing results into your training and racing.
- We will provide you with a heat acclimatization strategy – this is a proven tactic to improve race performance even in cool weather!
- We will provide fundraising support, including a personal fundraising page, to help you meet your goal!
- Lastly, we will offer runners the option to utilize the NYRR Virtual Trainer that will create a personalized 12- or 16- week training plan for each runner based on his or her fitness level and running experience.
Please check out our video from some of our 2019 TCS New York City Marathon KSI charity team members
KSI already provides physiological athlete testing services to the public. We have a state-of-the-art environmental exercise laboratory, which allows us to precisely control exercise environmental conditions and measure physiological functioning during exercise. Examples of some of the testing we provide to the public are aerobic fitness (VO2max testing), substrate utilization testing, sweat rate and sweat electrolyte analysis, heat tolerance testing, lactate threshold testing, heat acclimatization management and body composition analysis.
Team Strive 2 Protect runners commit to fundraising a minimum of $3,000, due in full by 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 7, 2020. In addition to the fundraising pledge, Team runners are responsible for the TCS New York City Marathon race registration fees.
Please contact Rebecca Stearns (Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org)
(This does not commit or guarantee a spot on our charity team)