GUARANTEE YOUR ENTRY TO THE 2024 BMW BERLIN MARATHON BY JOINING THE KOREY STRINGER INSTITUTE TEAM!
KSI charity team runners receive guaranteed entry to the 2024 BMW Berlin Marathon while raising funds to support the Korey Stringer Institute.
The Korey Stringer Institute provides research, education, advocacy and consultation to maximize performance, optimize safety and prevent sudden death for the athlete, warfighter and laborer. You can help further that mission and impact the health and safety of active individuals everywhere by running with KSI!
The Advantage of Running with KSI
As a member of our team you:
- Have race registration fee covered and guaranteed entry to the race
- Are provided with a subscription to the Realbuzz Club+ (online training support)
- Are provided fundraising support, including a personal fundraising page, to help you meet your goal!
- Are provided with a heat acclimatization strategy – this is a proven tactic to improve race performance even in cool weather!
- Are offered an opportunity to come to our laboratory for testing that may be used to help enhance your marathon preparation and race day performance. If you come to our laboratory, we will perform:
- VO2max testing – the gold standard to measure aerobic fitness
- Hydration needs assessment – this can provide a precise prescription of your fluid needs for training and on race day
- Consultation on how to best integrate your testing results into your training and racing.
Please check out our video from some of our 2019 TCS New York City Marathon KSI charity team members
KSI already provides physiological athlete testing services to the public. We have a state-of-the-art environmental exercise laboratory, which allows us to precisely control exercise environmental conditions and measure physiological functioning during exercise. Examples of some of the testing we provide to the public are aerobic fitness (VO2max testing), substrate utilization testing, sweat rate and sweat electrolyte analysis, heat tolerance testing, lactate threshold testing, heat acclimatization management and body composition analysis.
Charity runners commit to fundraising a minimum of $3,000 before two weeks prior to race day. If the fundraising pledge is not met, the remaining balance is charged to the charity runner.
Please contact Rebecca Stearns (Rebecca.email@example.com)
(This does not commit you to or guarantee a spot on our charity team)