Korey Stringer Institute
The mission of the Korey Stringer Institute is to provide first-rate information, resources, assistance, and advocacy for the promotion of prevention of sudden death in sport via health and safety initiatives.
The Korey Stringer Institute is housed in the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources at the University of Connecticut. UConn's Department of Kinesiology has a strong tradition and reputation as one of the leading institutions studying health and safety issues for athletes and the physically active.
To make a donation to the Korey Stringer Institute please CLICK HERE
Click here to learn more about the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research (NCCSIR), which tracks high school, collegiate, and professional catastrophic sports related injuries.
News & Announcements
Recent Media Coverage
- Washington Post: Moves Made to Safeguard Young Athletes Falling Short (October 28, 2014) by: Washington Post staff
- Journal Star: Heat Stroke Ends Career for Ex-Runner of the Year Julia Williams (October 20, 2014) by: Dave Reynolds
- Digital Journal: NYS Athletic Trainers' Association to Hold 2nd Annual Athletic Training Recognition Week to Promote Sports Safety (October 16, 2014) by: PRWeb staff
- Daily Herald: Should Schools Provide Trainers? (October 12, 2014) by: Michael Ollove
- Tulsa World: Athletic Trainers Will Appeal to Oklahoma House (October 10, 2014) by: John Hoover
Watch these NFL Evolution videos to learn about the Korey Stringer Institute and our cause!
- National Football League: Web Extra: Korey Stringer's Legacy Kept Alive by Family (June 20, 2013) by: Bill Bradley