Korey Stringer Institute
The mission of the Korey Stringer Institute is to provide first-rate information, resources, assistance, and advocacy for the promotion of prevention of sudden death in sport via health and safety initiatives.
The Korey Stringer Institute is housed in the Neag School of Education at the University of Connecticut. UConn's Department of Kinesiology has a strong tradition and reputation as one of the leading institutions studying health and safety issues for athletes and the physically active.
To make a donation to the Korey Stringer Institute please CLICK HERE
News & Announcements
Thank you to the NFL Players Association for hosting and everyone who attended the benefit gala for KSI in New York City. We appreciate your continued support for our cause!
- STEM-Works: Cool Jobs - Where Are They Now? (May 22, 2013) by: STEM-Works Blog staff
- UConn Foundation: NFL Players Association Helps UConn's Korey Stringer Institute Beat the Heat (May 20, 2013) by: Kristina Goodnough
- NWITimes: The Is Have It: Illinois Feels Same Heat as Iowa, Indiana Next (May 13, 2013) by: John Doherty
- Chicago Tribune: IHSA Sets New Limits on Preseason Football Practice (May 10, 2013) by: John Keilman
- The Football Girl.com: Korey Stringer Institute Turns Tragedy into Change (May 1, 2013) by: Amanda Rykoff
- Scientific American: More States Blow the Whistle on High School Football Heat Illness (April 28, 2013) by: Brett Israel
- NFL Players Association: NFLPA to Host Gala to Benefit Korey Stringer Institute (April 5, 2013) by: NFLPA Communications and the Korey Stringer Institute
- CamelBak HydratED: Hydration Advisors Doug Casa, PhD and COO of the Korey Stringer Institute (March 22, 2013) by: Camelbak HydratED Staff
- SB Nation: Lactate Threshold Testing with the Korey Stringer Institute (February 25, 2013) by: Ryan Hudson
- Timex Team Blog 2012: Blood Lactate Testing: Korey Stringer Institute UConn and Timex Performance Center (February 19, 2013) by: Trista Francis
- WHTC 1450: Sports Medicine Lecture to Focus on Preventing Sudden Death in Athletes (January 21, 2013) by: Dan Cash
- Association Management Executive Briefing: Speaking With the Media: A Primer for Nonprofits (November 25, 2012) by: Association Management Executive Briefing Staff
- Medill Reports Chicago: Hot Sports Heat Up the Temperature, Risks and Potential Workout Rewards (October 12, 2012) by: Abigail Wise
- Outside: The Science of Survival: Heat Stroke (October 5, 2012) by: Scott Rosenfield
- Outside: The Science of Survival: Hyponatremia (October 5, 2012) by: Scott Rosenfield
- KidsAhead: Riana Pryor, Athletic Trainer (October 4, 2012) by: Danielle Caldwell