Korey Stringer Institute Summer Fellowship Program
The Korey Stringer Institute seeks talented undergraduate and graduate athletic training students to apply for an 8-week research and advocacy fellowship. This fellowship will be hosted at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT. This fellowship program is devoted to providing students exposure to high-level research, advocacy and education initiatives. Individuals will be provided full immersion into the daily operations of an active research lab; assisting with field studies, epidemiological investigations and laboratory protocols. Fellows will also assist KSI with advocacy initiatives and educational efforts focused on preventing sudden death in sport and physical activity at the local, state and national level. Candidates will be selected based on the strength of their application and desire to pursue a career field related to preventing sudden death in sport and the physically active. Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence, quality recommendations and strong communication skills.
Number of Fellowships: 1 Fellow will be selected for Summer 2020
Fellowship Amount: $4000.00 Stipend paid on a bi-weekly basis
Fellowship Term: 8-weeks beginning in June 2020
Fellowship Housing: If selected, Fellow is responsible for acquiring housing for the 8-week period
Application Deadline: January 20th, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
- Undergraduate junior/senior athletic training students currently enrolled in a CAATE accredited program
- Graduate-level athletic training students currently enrolled in a CAATE-accredited program
- OR Certified athletic trainers enrolled in graduate school
- U.S. Citizenship OR appropriate work visa
- Complete Fellowship Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume (Including research, advocacy efforts/interests, and/or clinical experiences)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Transcript verifying eligibility
Submit completed applications with required materials electronically via email. All completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials are due by January 20th, 2020 at 11:59pm, EST.
Please contact Erica Filep, email@example.com or 860-486-0265 for any additional questions.